An event for everyone.
Welcome to year 3 of Worcester Film Festival!
We have a new home for 2023… We’ve proudly partnered with Odeon as our main screening venue to give our films a true cinematic experience.
Our tickets and programme are now live and we have a packed out schedule for you!
60+ Films Showing
Talks with BAFTA and ILM
Pitching Workshops and Events
Movie Themed – quizzes, tattoo flash days, cocktail bars and workout challenge
A City-Wide Art Trail to Explore
Networking and Film Socials
A Special 50th Anniversary Screening of “The Wicker Man”
Our Awards Gala
This is an event for filmmakers and film lovers alike! So, whether you’ve joined us previously or are new to our festival, we look forward to meeting you.
See you there!
Cinematic screenings of your films.
Trophies will be given at the Awards Gala (Saturday 7th October).
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Midlands Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Animated Film
Best Music Video
Best Student Film
Best Costume Designer
Best Hair & Make-Up
Best Production Designer
Best Sound Design
Come enjoy our city and see what we have to offer. We want this to be a festival in every sense of the word with a jam-packed map that will leave you wishing you could be in two places at once.
Join us for this 4-day event and we promise you’ll want to return year after year!
Day 1 (October 4th)
Worcester Film Festival is kicking off with an exciting opening night!
Come together for a special screening, canapés and drinks to celebrate the launch of our third year.
Smart/Casual Dress Code.
Day 2 (October 5th)
A day of Films and Q&As with a Networking Event and a special screening finishing the day.
Day 3 (October 6th)
A day of Films and Q&As with a Pitch Evening & Networking finishing the day.
Day 4 (October 7th)
A day of Films and Q&As with our Awards Gala finishing the day.
Winners of 2023
- Best Short Film – The Boat
- Best Feature Film – Four O’Clock Flowers
- Best Midlands Film – The Whole World Blind (or: The Ballad of The Cuck and The Eunuch)
- Best Documentary Film – Life Over Death
- Best Animated Film – Deeper Still
- Best Music Video – Debut
- Best Student Film – Requiem
- Best Screenplay – Emma Morley & Mark Rowley, Write Off
- Best Performance – Ned Van Rooy, Lachie & John
- Best Director – Ben Kernow, Art
- Best Cinematographer – Moritz Moessinger, By Any Other Name
- Best Costume Designer – Hannah Benn, Debut
- Best Editor – Max Callaby, Deeper Still
- Best Hair & Make-Up – Addy Frame, Sonar
- Best Production Designer – Jessica Wretlind, Requiem
- Best Sound Design – Liam Banks, The River
- Best Composer – Jake Morgan, The Boat